How to Recover after training so you can keep training at your best
Maximize Your Workout Recovery with Ice Baths, Saunas and ROM Exercises
High-intensity workouts can take a toll on your body, but proper recovery is crucial to avoid injury, promote muscle growth and prepare you for your next workout. To help you recover faster and better, we recommend using GoPrimal magnesium, collagen and protein powder, combined with ice baths, saunas and ROM (Range of Motion) exercises.
Ice Baths for Recovery
Taking an ice bath after a high-intensity workout can help reduce swelling and muscle soreness, as well as improve recovery time. The cold temperature of the water reduces blood flow to the muscles, which can help reduce swelling and inflammation. It also helps activate the body's natural healing process, which can speed up recovery.
To take an ice bath, fill a bathtub with cold water and add ice. Soak in the water for 10 to 15 minutes, making sure to keep your heart rate under control. The shock of the cold water may cause an increase in heart rate, so it's important to take it slowly and allow your body to adjust.
Saunas for Recovery
Saunas are another great way to promote recovery after a high-intensity workout. The heat of the sauna increases blood flow, which can help reduce muscle soreness and speed up the healing process. The heat also helps to flush out toxins from the body, which can improve overall health.
In addition, saunas have been shown to have several other health benefits, such as reducing stress, improving sleep and boosting the immune system. To get the most out of your sauna session, spend 10 to 20 minutes in the sauna and make sure to stay hydrated.
ROM Exercises for Recovery
ROM (Range of Motion) exercises are a great way to help maintain flexibility and mobility, which can reduce the risk of injury and speed up recovery time. These exercises involve moving your joints through their full range of motion, which can help improve circulation and reduce stiffness.
Some simple ROM exercises you can do include:
- Arm circles
- Leg swings
- Hip rotations
- Shoulder rolls
Incorporating these exercises into your post-workout routine can help improve flexibility, reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time.
GoPrimal Supplements for Recovery
GoPrimal magnesium, collagen and protein powder are excellent supplements for post-workout recovery. Magnesium helps regulate muscle and nerve function, reducing muscle cramps, soreness and fatigue. Collagen supports joint health and promotes skin, hair and nail health. Protein is essential for muscle repair and growth.
Using these supplements after your workout can help speed up recovery and keep your body in top condition. The GoPrimal supplements are easy to take, simply add a scoop to your post-workout shake or smoothie.
Our preferred combination: the GoPrimal Performance Cocktail
- Upon waking up, take 2-3 capsules of GoPrimal Vitamin D3 to regulate muscle and nerve function, as well as boost your immune system.
- Have a breakfast that includes a scoop of GoPrimal protein powder for muscle repair and growth.
- 30 minutes before your workout, take 2-3 capsules of GoPrimal Nootropic to boost energy and endurance.
- Within 30-90 minutes of finishing your workout, have a shake or smoothie that includes a scoop of GoPrimal protein powder and a scoop of GoPrimal collagen for optimal muscle recovery and joint health.
- Consider taking an ice bath or a sauna to promote recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
- Do ROM (Range of Motion) exercises to maintain flexibility and mobility.
- Before bedtime, take 2-3 capsules of GoPrimal magnesium to regulate muscle and nerve function, as well as improve sleep quality.
- You can also add 2 capsules of GoPrimal Omega 3 to improve inflammation and recovery.